Today, the Azure Data Governance event happened. As you might have noticed, I’ve focused on Azure Purview in the last few months and I really looked forward to this event..
So what happened? What was announced?
Rohan Kumar started the event and talked about the importance of data in enterprises and how Data Governance can help to increase the value of data.
Purview is GA (General Available)
I kind of expected it – Azure Purview is General Available as of today.
Read more about it in the announcement blog post: https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/govern-your-data-wherever-it-resides-with-azure-purview/
The Azure Purview platform
Afterwards, Mike Flasko took over and went into the more detailed part of the presentation focusing on the Azure Purview platform
The Azure Purview demo was presented by Evangeline White from the Azure Data Governance team. She showed some interesting stuff like – SQL stored procedure support and the enhanced metadata lineage extraction for Power BI.
The feature overview concluded the event:
But what about the future of Azure Purview / Azure Data Governance?
There was one slide shown, that included some interesting roadmap steps ahead of us..
And hey Wolfi – What about the costs?
Well, the discussion of Purview costs is a long story (blog post) but the pricing page is now updated and there is still some time for you to test it for free (until Nov 1st, 2021)
- Azure Purview documentation: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/purview
- The Purview GA blog post: https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/govern-your-data-wherever-it-resides-with-azure-purview/
- Azure Purview pricing: https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/details/azure-purview/
- Some Purview blog post: https://workingondata.wordpress.com/category/azure-purview/
- You want to start with Purview today? Have a look at my Purview Quickstart video series… https://workingondata.wordpress.com/2021/08/31/azure-purview-quickstart-series/