With the new October Preview of SQL Server Datatools (SSDT) [Download Latest SSDT] the development environment for SSIS, SSAS and SSRS are 1) again available in one download and 2) is the development environment based on Visual Studio 2015. The download itself is small (several hundreds of kilobytes) and the rest of the software is downloaded during the installation.
The announcement post for SSDT October 2015 can be found >>here<< .
The support for SQL Platform is as follows (2015-10-30):
- SQL Server 2005 – 2016 CTP3.0
- Analysis Services for SQL Server 2008 – 2016 CTP3.0
- Integration Services for SQL Server 2016 CTP3.0 (only) I hope that this will change in future releases!
- Reporting Services for SQL Server 2008 – 2016 CTP3.0
- Azure SQL Database
- Azure SQL Data Warehouse
After the installation, you can start the SQL Server Data Tools 2015 (do not be confused that one works with SQL2016!) directly from the start menu.
Every new piece of software needs it time, so does Visual Studio – initial configuration is necessary.
After the configuration is done, the well know project templates are available from the File –> New Project menu.
Enjoy the new toolset – some thoughts and testing of newly released features will appear here soon!
- SQL Server Data Tools Preview update for October 2015
- SQL Server 2016 – Reporting Services (SSRS) news for CTP3.0 – Pin SSRS Report parts to PowerBI [CTP 3.0]
- SQL Server 2016 – Reporting Services (SSRS) – Position report parameters the way you want [CTP2.4 and CTP3.0]
- SQL Server 2016 – Analysis Services (SSAS) – What’s new in CTP3.0?