Another year is over and it’s already TugaIT 2017 week. The organizing team coming from nine different technical communities (AgileConnect, Cloud Pro PT, Devops Porto, netPonto, Office365 PT, OUGPT, Porto.Data, sharepoint.PT and SQLPort) have set together three days full of workshops and sessions:
- Thursday, May 18th is Workshop-day
- Friday, May 19th is (mainly) full of session but with one highlight workshop – SQL Server on Linux!
- 5 parallel session tracks; 30 sessions
- Business Intelligence, SharePoint/Office365 / Azure / Programming / Agile & DevOps
- Saturday, May 20th – session day
- 8 parallel session tracks – 48 sessions!!
- Data Platform (Engine and SQL 2017), SharePoint/Office365, Azure, Programming, Enterprise Integration, PowerShell, Open Source
This year I am presenting two sessions about some of my favorite topics:
- SSIS and PowerBI&Reporting Services
My first session Scale-Out with SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) 2017 will focus on the new feature for scaling out package execution. You’ll learn about basic scalability concepts as well the Master / Worker pattern in SSIS Scale-Out. In addition, the administrative part and some behind-the-scenes information will be shared.
The second session Power BI and SSRS – Better Together will focus on the differentiation between SQL Server Reporting Services and Power BI (and with the recent announcements – Power BI Premium).
- Which tool is the best for certain use cases?
- How about Power BI on-premises? Is it a complete replacement for powerbi.com?
- The announcement of Power BI Premium and Power BI Report Server revealed some general conditions but – what are the ways to get Power BI on-premises? And what about report authors?
If you are at the event – stop by and say hello!