During the Business Applications Spring 18 Release Launch event many enhancements to the Power* ( *= BI & Apps) Universe have been announced.
In addition to the announcements made during the event, the Spring ’18 Release Notes Guide (https://aka.ms/businessappsreleasenotes) contains a much more detailed listing and description of the coming features. The PDF itself has 267 pages and contains the announcements around
- GDPR and Accessibility (page 16)
- Dynamics 365 (pages 17 – 138)
- Busines Application Platform (PowerApps, Common Data Service for Apps, Microsoft Flow) [pages 139 – 188]
- Business Intelligence Platform (Power BI, Common Data Service for Analytics, Power BI Insights apps, Power BI Embedded) [pages 189 – 234]
- Data Integration (focusing around Common Data Model, Data Connectors in Power BI, Power Apps, Flow & Logic Apps, ..) [pages 235 – 261]
- Media Platform (Microsoft Stream) [pages 262 – 265]
I do not want to dive deeper into the Power BI related announcements – just have a look at Chris Webb’s great summary post.
What really got my attention was the announcement of the Common Data Service for Analytics (“CDS for Analytics”) [Power BI blog], which is ..
- a common data schema for Power BI Analytics…
- can be filled from multiple sources using Power Query Online..
- and serves as a source for Power BI insights Apps..
Stay tuned for some more detailed posts around this really interesting topic..
In the meantime, you can re-watch the Business Applications Spring ’18 Release Launch event here.
Happy Data Servicing,