Another week and other data links for you! I hope you had a great weekend – I spent mine outdoors – long walks and long runs.. and it was great to be outside in the snow!
- The new Release Plan for the Months April to September 2021 were released. They are called Microsoft Power Platform 2021 Release Wave 1 Plan – I’ve collected some of my highlights from the feature list: https://workingondata.wordpress.com/2021/01/28/the-future-of-power-bi-in-the-next-six-months-aka-2021-release-wave-1-plan/
- SQLBI (Marco Russo and Alberto Ferrari) published a very interesting article about Comparing DAX calculated columns with Power Query computed columns – read the article here: https://www.sqlbi.com/articles/comparing-dax-calculated-columns-with-power-query-computed-columns/ or watch the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-x2dLTtKiR8
- Paginated Reports January 2021 Feature summary – have a look at this blog post for the feature summary: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/paginated-report-january-2021-feature-summary/
- Power BI Reports Server January 2021 feature Summary: Another year, another month, another PBIRS version is published: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-report-server-january-2021-feature-summary/
- There was a hint for further Updates for Premium per User – search for it in the Paginated Reports January 2021 Feature summary post.
- Power Query Online – Step Folding Indicators! If you ever wondered “is this step folded back to the source or not?” – beginning with the last week, there are indicators shown in PowerQuery online. Have a look at the description here: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/step-folding-indicators-for-power-query-online/
Azure Data / Azure Purview & Synapse
- The Azure Purview Integration in Azure Synapse was released. Search your data artefacts in Azure Purview from Azure Synapse, connect and directly explore the data content! Nice first version – https://workingondata.wordpress.com/2021/01/27/better-together-azure-synapse-analytics-and-azure-purview/
- Data Lake Architecture – Bill Inmon published a rather controversy article about Data Lake architectures and how and if the work with Data Warehouses – DATA LAKE ARCHITECTURE | LinkedIn
- Simon Whiteley responded in a video.. and on twitter: https://twitter.com/MrSiWhiteley/status/1355201035833401348?s=20
(Virtual) Events in the next weeks
Reading is fun, but (virtual) conferences too…
- Friday, February 19th, 2021 – Virtual Power Platform Bootcamp Austria – We are finalizing the agenda. Stay tuned for a day full of Power Platform sessions, hands-on and stories from the field. Register here: https://www.eventbrite.de/e/virtual-power-platform-bootcamp-austria-2021-tickets-133239189001
- Microsoft Ignite – March 2-4 2021 – https://myignite.microsoft.com/home
Have a good start into the week!