Another week and other data links for you! I hope you had a great weekend – we had spring temperature for a few days in Austria – some gardening plus a long run (21k) .. and now some data news… what a great weekend!
- Sometimes, I am searching for the right word for a certain term – The Power BI team helps us with a Glossary for business users of the Power BI service. From account over KPI to y-axis. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/consumer/end-user-glossary
- In my opinion, a must read for every BI architect – BI solution architecture in the Center of Excellence: BI solution architecture in the Center of Excellence – Power BI | Microsoft Docs
- Data Types in Power Query – a very detailed overview PLUS – a data type conversion matrix .. a reference to bookmark – Data types in Power Query | Microsoft Docs
Azure Data / Azure Purview & Synapse
- The pricing of Azure Purview was a huge discussion point in the last week. Especially with the not-free-for-everyone preview the discussion entered a next level of discussion. Read more about this topic in my blog post: Azure Purview Preview (Free) Pricing – Check your Azure Subscription type! | workingondata (wordpress.com)
- Azure Purview is based on the Apache ATLAS and ATLAS comes with its REST API. Simon W released a video presenting some options how to add manual lineage information using the REST API ((65) Advancing Spark – Manual Lineage with the Purview PyApacheAtlas API – YouTube)
(Virtual) Events in the next weeks
Reading is fun, but (virtual) conferences too…
- Friday, February 19th, 2021 – Virtual Power Platform Bootcamp Austria – We are finalizing the agenda. Stay tuned for a day full of Power Platform sessions, hands-on and stories from the field. Register here: https://www.eventbrite.de/e/virtual-power-platform-bootcamp-austria-2021-tickets-133239189001
- Microsoft Ignite – March 2-4 2021 – https://myignite.microsoft.com/home
- On-Demand sessions are available: Around the Clock – Azure SQL and Azure Data Factory – https://github.com/microsoft/aroundtheclock
Have a good start into the week!